Hey everybody,
Sorry I haven’t been able to write this past week. The computer has been down at the mission and there are NO phones in town so there was no way for me to communicate with you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot. I hope you’re all doing well. I miss you all, but I know God has me here for a reason.
So this past week has been o.k. We flew in to Puerto Cabezas and (of course) our luggage didn’t come in with us so I had to go like 2 or 3 days without clothes. It is SO HOT here so I was like all sweaty and stuff. It was really gross.
The ride from Puerto Cabezas was both awesome and horrible. We had to ride on the bed of this huge truck with all 8 of us and our carry-on luggage. Most of the way the roads weren’t paved so it was REALLY REALLY bumpy. It was REALLY uncomfortable because we were basically just sitting on these little wooden benches. BUT, it was also REALLY NICE because the stars were CRAZY AMAZING!!! I have never seen stars like that before! It was my first time ever seeing the milky way (no, not the candy bar)! I would just stare up at the sky as we drove along…truly probably one of the most memorable experiences in my life. It was BEAUTIFUL! The stars are nice here in general, but I hate sitting outside during the night because there are so many freaking bugs. You should see my legs and arms…I’ve been getting eaten alive.
The food is good I guess. It’s rice and beans like all of the time. I’m talking about breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Everyday. But at least it’s good food everyday. It could be nasty food every day, like at SAU, right? LOL
So, I’ve spent all week just cleaning the clinic. IT IS SO NASTY! Everything is like super dirty and there are cockroaches and TARANTULAS!
It was bad! We got it cleaned up a lot now, but it still looks pretty bad. It doesn’t really matter though, because we won’t even be in there most of the time.
Starting next week we’re gonna start the mobile clinics. We have to go out to the different villages and try to help people. We have a four wheeler, a couple of bikes, and a couple of motorcycles. I can’t drive a four wheeler or the motorcycles so the next nine months should be interesting considering that it can take HOURS to get to some of these villages by bike. No one in our “medical” group actually has worked as a nurse or doctor so we’re all a little worried. Sometimes I really don’t feel worthy to even be here because I don’t know ANYTHING. I know, though, that God will give me the knowledge to do what I need to do. I know that if I ask, I will receive, especially if I’m asking for blessings so that I can bless others.
But anyways, I miss you all so much! I love you with all of my heart and I can’t wait until I can talk to you again!
Sorry I haven’t been able to write this past week. The computer has been down at the mission and there are NO phones in town so there was no way for me to communicate with you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot. I hope you’re all doing well. I miss you all, but I know God has me here for a reason.
So this past week has been o.k. We flew in to Puerto Cabezas and (of course) our luggage didn’t come in with us so I had to go like 2 or 3 days without clothes. It is SO HOT here so I was like all sweaty and stuff. It was really gross.
The food is good I guess. It’s rice and beans like all of the time. I’m talking about breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Everyday. But at least it’s good food everyday. It could be nasty food every day, like at SAU, right? LOL
So, I’ve spent all week just cleaning the clinic. IT IS SO NASTY! Everything is like super dirty and there are cockroaches and TARANTULAS!
Starting next week we’re gonna start the mobile clinics. We have to go out to the different villages and try to help people. We have a four wheeler, a couple of bikes, and a couple of motorcycles. I can’t drive a four wheeler or the motorcycles so the next nine months should be interesting considering that it can take HOURS to get to some of these villages by bike. No one in our “medical” group actually has worked as a nurse or doctor so we’re all a little worried. Sometimes I really don’t feel worthy to even be here because I don’t know ANYTHING. I know, though, that God will give me the knowledge to do what I need to do. I know that if I ask, I will receive, especially if I’m asking for blessings so that I can bless others.
But anyways, I miss you all so much! I love you with all of my heart and I can’t wait until I can talk to you again!
2 comments:
WOW!
Sounds pretty intense, my Little Lamb. But good thing you're there. You can tough it out!
Keep your head up and your mind right. You'll be fine =)
As for me, I'm basically in the opposite. Freezing cold weather with rain. I'm getting kind of sick. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be staying here all year or only for a semester. I haven't decided yet.
Take care!
But yea man thas good, that despite all the mishaps, bug attacks, confusion, terantulas and stuff, you still see the good in this experience. Dont worry bout not knowin much, because all them many lectures from Mr. Lemon, in Anatomy will pay off now. lol, also like you said God will help you, and give you heavenly wisdom, DONT WORRY. I hope ur carryin your trusty guitar around wit you, ping-ga-ling-ga-ling...lol MAN miss u dude, hope all is well , prayin for you!! dueces BLOG BUDDY!!
Post a Comment